This 350-bed community hospital serves the heavily populated Jewish and Arab neighborhoods of northern and eastern Jerusalem, with over 30 departments and clinics.
It provides specialty services in the Guggenheim Rehabilitation Center, the Rosalie Goldberg Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Elie Douer Family Center for Pediatric Genetic and Chronic Diseases, Israel's only Center for Familial Dysautonomia, the Center for Neuropediatrics and Child Development, the Center for Joint Replacement and Reconstruction and the Ina and Jack Kay Hospice that provides supportive residential and home care for the terminally ill.
Opened in 1939 as the first modern medical facility in the region, it was cut off from Jerusalem during the 1948 War of Independence. In 1975, Hadassah Mt. Scopus was rededicated as the women of Hadassah devoted themselves to renovate and expand their original hospital that had been ravaged by war and neglect. In 1976, Hadassah returned to Mt. Scopus, once again opening its doors to all.