Ramadan is a holy month for muslims, characterized by daytime fasting and nighttime festivities. Most people indulge in a high fat, high calorie diet during this month. Here are a few tips to help you avoid weight gain during this holiday:
- Try to avoid fried foods as much as possible
- Try to eat low sodium and low sugar foods - this will also help prevent thirst during the fast
- Make sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and dietary fibers
- Break the fast on light food, such vegetable soup or a big salad
- The large meals at the end of the fast days do not need to contain the entire day's calories. Large meals after fasts are not healthy, and the extra sugar becomes fat.
- Choose water over sugary drinks
- Try walking to prayer to get in a little extra exercise
- Choose one sweet to indulge in, but pay attention to what you choose. Homemade sweets are always preferable to store-bought.