Sodium Chloride

*** PLEASE NOTE***
The information and instructions on the following pages should not replace those given to you by your doctor.


Sodium Chloride is a drug used as a topical nasal decongestant. It is used to relieve stuffy noses due to colds, seasonal allergies or sinus infections among small children. It is not meant for long-term use.

Do not use when

  • Your child has a known allergy to one of the ingredients
  • The medication changes colors and becomes foggy
  • Your child suffers or suffered in the past from heart problems, circulatory problems, and/or liver dysfunction

Consult your doctor when

  • Your child has any known food or drug allergies
  • Your child is taking other medication

Storing the Medication
Medication should be kept in a cool, dry place, out of reach of children. Do not use past the expiration date.

Administering the Medication
Administer the medication at the times instructed by your physician. The recommended dose is usually 2 drops in each nostril, 1-4 times a day. Do not swallow.

What should I do if I forgot to administer the medication on time?
Give the medication as soon as you remember. If the next dose is soon, skip the forgotten dose. Do not give two doses at once.

When can I stop treatment?
Finish the round as instructed by your doctor. Do not use for more than three consecutive days. Prolonged use has adverse effects.

Side Effects
Side effects include temporary burning sensation, tingling in the nose.

Call your doctor when

  • Your child’s condition does not improve within 3 days of treatment
  • Your child experiences severe side effects such as hypertension, rashes or local inflammation
  • Your child's condition worsens
  • Your child has an allergic reaction to the treatment