The medical staff of the department consists of eight senior nephrologists, two doctors, an associate professor, a scientists, laboratory technician, post doctorate students, and post-graduate research students. In addition to clinical training, the department is the backbone of the nephrology studies programs offered by the Hebrew University - Hadassah School of Medicine. Our department boasts some of the highest training scores in the School of Medicine.
There are a number of ongoing clinical trials in our department. The trials aim to determine the best treatment method for different aspects of kidney disease.
The offices and laboratories are spread over an area of 400-sqm. Our facilities include state-of-the-art research laboratories, real-time PCR service available to all researchers of the hospital, and a service laboratory for clinical testing of Vitamin D metabolism and levels of aluminum.
- Prof. Justin Silver - Metabolic diseases of calcium, phosphorus and PTH; Mechanisms of bone disease in renal failure
- Prof. Naveh-Many T., - Molecular biology of PTH
- Prof. Rubinger D. - Expression of NaPi phosphorous channels in the kidney; activity of the autonomic system in dialysis patients
- Haviv Y. - Gene and cell therapy for kidney and pancreatic diseases; resistance mechanisms and research models of cancer
- Dr. Dranitzki-Elhalel M., - Immunomodulatory fusion proteins
- Dr. Backenroth R., - Anemia in dialysis patients; Viral infections in dialysis patients